What is a Tennessee Surety Bond?
A Tennessee surety bond is often required before you can get a state license or public construction contract. Surety bonds often protect the state, your client’s, or other individuals from financial harm caused by you or your business. Generally, the harm must be the result of breaking a law, code, or ordinance. However, each type of bond is different and there are many types of Tennessee surety bonds as you’ll see below. For example: the Nashville permit bond would protect your customers from harm caused by not following city/county construction codes. However, a performance bond offers protection to the state should you default on a written contract.
Which Tennessee Surety Bond type do I need?
Figuring out what Tennessee surety bond type you need can be difficult. Especially if it’s your first time getting a surety bond. We find that most bonds fall into the following three categories:
- License & Permit Bonds – You’ll need this bond type if you are applying for a state license or city permit.
- Contractor Bonds – Construction firms need surety bonds like performance, payment, and maintenance bonds. In some cases, they also need license and permit bonds.
- Other Bonds – This category includes utility deposit bonds, business service bonds, and those required by the federal government such as the BMC84 or DMEPOS.
Again, there are many different types of Tennessee surety bonds and some may not fit in any of the categories mentioned above. We’ll discuss these and the most popular types below.
Popular Tennessee Surety Bonds
You’ll often find the bond type you need by contacting the person or entity who is requesting it. In other cases it may be included in your license application or bid packet. We’ve listed a few popular Tennessee surety bond types below for your convenience.
- Tennessee Car Dealer Bond
- Business Service Bond
- Nashville Building Permit Bond
- Tennessee Contractor License Bond
- Tennessee Freight Broker Bond
- Performance Bonds
- TN Contractor Bonds
Many other Tennessee surety bond types exist than those listed above. If you know your bond type, please apply online to obtain your free surety bond quote today.
How do I apply for a Tennessee Surety Bond?
- Complete our online Tennessee Surety Bond application, or
- Download and complete our printable Tennessee Surety Bond application, and
- Receive your surety bond quote in minutes!
Back to Bonds By State.