What Are License Bonds?
License bonds are surety bonds often required to get a state license for your business. They can also be called permit bonds in some cases. Although they’re different, both bond types are often grouped together and called License and Permit Bonds.
License bonds are usually needed when applying for your state license. States ask for them to protect consumers from harm caused by your business. Harm is caused when your business breaks the state rules and regulations which govern your business license. For example: You sell a car to one person, accept their payment, then sell the same car to someone else without returning the initial buyer’s payment.
Being bonded tells your clients that someone stands behind your business. It shows them that, if all else fails, your company has a backstop in case a claim occurs. Don’t think of them as a necessary evil but an asset to help sell you and your business to prospective clients.
Our most popular License and Permit Surety Bonds
- Auto Dealer Bonds
- Contractor License Bonds
- Car Dealer Bonds
- Seller of Travel Bonds
- BMC 84 Freight Forwarder Bonds
What Other Types of License Bonds Do We Offer?
- Auto Dealer Bond
- Assisted Living Facility Surety Bond
- Agricultural Dealer Surety Bond
- Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco Surety Bond
- Citrus dealer surety bond
- Citrus fruit excise tax surety bond
- Class I wildlife surety bond
- Collection Agency Surety Bond
- Contractor License Surety Bond
- Dance studio surety bond
- DMEPOS/Medicare surety bond
- Erisa/401K surety bond
- Financially responsible officer surety bond
- Freight forwarder/broker surety bond
- Fight promoter surety bond
- Game promotion surety bond
- Health care clinic surety bond
- Health studio surety bond
- Leased nursing home surety bond
- Mobile home dealer surety bond
- Mobile home manufacturer surety bond
- Money services business surety bond
- Mortgage broker surety bond
- Motor vehicle dealer surety bond
- Patient trust surety bond
- Pawnbroking surety bond
- Professional solicitor surety bond
- Public adjuster surety bond
- Recreational vehicle manufacturer surety bond
- Sales and use tax surety bond
- Self-insured workers comp surety bond
- Seller of travel surety bond
- Slot machine licensee surety bond
- Surplus lines agent surety bond
- Talent agency surety bond
- Title agency surety bond
- Venomous reptiles surety bond
- Veterinary prescription drug wholesaler surety bond
- Yacht and ship broker surety bond
How do I apply for my License and Permit Bond?
Applying for your license bond is quick and easy using our online surety bond application. You’ll need to click on the “Apply Online” button at the top of the page to begin. We need only some basic information about your company and its owners to ensure you receive the lowest price for your bond. Don’t see the license bond you’re looking for? Call us at 386-316-2547 or email us.
How much will my License Bond cost?
You surety bond cost will be primarily based off of your personal credit score. Meaning, the higher your credit score, the lower your bond cost. That also means that a low credit score can mean a higher premium in some cases. Other factors such as experience and claims history can also effect your price.
How fast can I get bonded?
Getting bonded with DBL Surety is easy and fast. In most cases, you can get an electronic copy of your surety bond the same day you apply. Additionally, the original copy can be sent via overnight mail for next day delivery.