What is a California Driving School Bond or ATV Surety Bond?
The California driving school bond is required by most owners or operators of driving schools located in the state. The surety bond protects students of the driving school or ATV training program from financial loss due to fraud caused by the school operator. The driving school bond would provide money to the student if the operator who caused the financial harm to a student was unable to reimburse the student for their loss.
How do I apply for a California Driving School Bond?
- Complete our online California Driving School Bond application, or
- Download and complete our printable California Driving School Bond application, and
- Receive your surety bond quote in minutes!
Do I need a California Driving School Bond or ATV Surety Bond?
If you operate a California driving school or ATV training program you will most likely need a California driving school surety bond. In fact, if that state requires you to get a driving school license for any reason, you will probably need the $10,000 surety bond. The exceptions to the bonding and driving school licensing requirement are as follows:
- Public schools or educational institutions who offer the course as part of the curriculum.
- Nonprofit service organizations who do not charge a fee for the class.
- Nonprofit organizations who offer off-the-highway instruction for motorcycles.
- Commercial schools offering off-the-highway instruction for construction equipment.
- Car dealers who instruct their customers without charging a fee.
- Employers who are instructing their employees.
- Commercial schools offering off-the-highway instruction for racing vehicles to students who already hold a valid drivers’ licenses.
What California Driving School Bond amount do I need?
The California driving school or ATV instruction bond amount is set at $10,000.
How much does a California Driving School Bond cost?
The driving school or ATV instruction bond cost depends on your personal credit score. However, the bond cost is typically $100 per year for most who apply. The premium can increase as your personal credit score decreases. In fact, DBL Surety also offers these surety bonds for individuals with bad credit.
Back to California Surety Bonds